Pink Nails For Breast Cancer Awareness Month

Pink Nails For Breast Cancer Awareness Month

Hi guys!! It’s October already and that means that one of the posts has to be about Breast Cancer Awareness. Naturally I am doing pink nails, but this time they will be without the famous pink ribbon. As some of you know my grand father had this cancer and this year my mother in law went through this struggle. They caught it early with her, but my grand father didn’t have such luck :(. So you see, this cancer subtly sneaks in to every family, at least that’s what I think.

Pink Nails For Breast Cancer Awareness Month Pink Nails For Breast Cancer Awareness Month

So this subtle arrow represents the cancer. I have to remind you here to check yourself regularly and check your husbands, boyfriends too. They’re not immune, just because they are men, you know. You don’t have to panic or anything, but once a month is a good choice. You can see here how self examination should look. And detecting breast cancer early is the key to a successful treatment.

Now let’s move on to my pink nails and how I made them. It’s a very simple one. First I applied two coats of KBShimmer – Eyes White Open on thumb, ring and middle finger and Picture Polish – Fairy Floss on pointer and pinkie. I waited a bit so the polish was dry and then I dotted the dots with a dotting tool and Fairy Floss on ring and middle finger. I stamped the arrow (I don’t know if that’s an actual arrow, but I call it that way anyway :)) on my thumb with Fairy Floss and Bundle Monster plate No. BM-S305. You can also check my last year’s mani: Going Pink In October, The Breast Cancer Awareness Month.

As always I sealed everything with a fast drying top coat.

Me and some of the Slovenian bloggers have teamed up for this occasion and you can check their posts about the Pink October down bellow.

Thank you guys for reading and I hope I did reach you with this post. If you hadn’t included breast self-examining in to your monthly routine yet, I hope you will now.

Be good and stay positive no matter what! xoxo

Share:

12 Comments

1. October 12, 2016 / 7:04 pm

Moje sožalje za dedka in čim prejšnje okrevanje tašči. 🙁 Naj bo to zadnji rak v družini.
    Krasna manikura, Metka. <3 Pikice so vedno hit. 😀

• Metka
      October 12, 2016 / 7:20 pm

Hvala Gabi ♥ Tašča je na srečo že v polnem okrevanju 🙂 In upam, da tako tudi ostane. Dedka pa že skoraj 20 let ni več med nami, ampak ja. Še vedno ne morem dojeti, da je imel to. Vedno sem mislila, da je to bolezen žensk. Pa ni tako.
      In ja, pikice so zakon 😉

2. October 13, 2016 / 9:10 am

Metka, res mi je žal da je vašo družino bolezen doletela celo dvakrat. Upam, da se več ne ponovi!
    Pikice so pa itak super… Mi je pa noro všeč tale PP lakec! 🙂

• Metka
      October 13, 2016 / 9:14 am

Jaz tudi upam, da smo statistiko zapolnili in da je ne bo več.
      Lakec je pa super ja. Meni se zdi ravno prava roza.

3. October 13, 2016 / 11:42 am

Ojoj, sožalje za dedka tudi z moje strani. Sama na srečo nimam veliko izkušenj z rakom na sploh, se mi pa zdi, da zadnje čase vedno več (poznanih) ljudi nastrada zaradi tega =/
    On a more happy note… ja pa iiii, pikice 😉
    Xoxo, A.

• Metka
      October 13, 2016 / 1:07 pm

Hvala Ajda. Staramo se 🙂 Jaz sem tudi opazila, da je okoli mene vedno več ljudi bolnih 🙁

4. October 13, 2016 / 5:42 pm

Hi Metka !

Personally, I don’t do nail art (too lazy for that…) but I do like this one, this soft pink change from all the bright ones.

I like the your last year mani too 😉

Good job !

• Metka
      October 13, 2016 / 7:31 pm

Thank you Cassandra, it means a lot ❤️

5. October 13, 2016 / 7:14 pm

Vedno sem mislila da se tale rak pojavlja le pri ženskah 😮 Moje sožalje 🙁 Joj tele pikice <3 Nekaj kar popestri te deževne dneve 🙂

• Metka
      October 13, 2016 / 7:34 pm

Jaz tudi se sedaj ne morem verjeti, ampak mi je potem dr rekla, da priblizno 5 moskih pri nas zboli na leto. Kar se mi zdi ogromno. In hvala.
      Pikice so pa vedno zakon 😊🔵🔴

6. October 14, 2016 / 8:35 pm

Sožalje za dedka 🙁 Našo družino je zaenkrat na srečo še zaobšlo, nikoli pa ne veš 🙁
    Nohti so pa čudoviti <3